In todays world, it’s generally accepted that to go far in your career, you will need a good degree behind you before you even start on the career ladder, but as Matthew Hancock discusses, improvements in apprenticeships, the rising cost of staying on in higher education and a changing ethos regarding education and training, is all starting to make apprenticeships look like a very valid option for some people seeking employment in specific industries.
Last night we enjoyed a few mince pies washed down with a glass or three of mulled wine, with some of our wonderful clients, candidates and friends of Engage Executive Jobs.
Here are two of our newest vacancies which we’re actively recruiting for. Please contact Lucy York on 01202 674488 or firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.
A senior accountant position has become available in Bournemouth and the successful individual will be available immediately for a 6 month temporary position.
£37,900 pro rata – contract end 29.06.2013
You will be able to work on your own and in a team and have excellent financial modelling skills.
You will work with a team of three and be competent in the following;
- To provide effective and accurate financial advice and expertise to the company,
it’s staff and partnerships.
- To ensure the year end accounts are prepared in an accurate and timely way and in
accordance with accounting practice.
- To manage train and mentor the finance teams to ensure the delivery of good
quality, customer focused and effective financial service.
- To ensure that the company acts within its legal and regulatory framework.
- Managing budgets
- Ensure allocation and use of resources are subject to robust and regular monitoring, reviewing against realistic budgets.
- Develop, support, manage and appraise accountancy and support staff.
- Ensure the provision of a motivated, focused and competent, professional service.
- To be responsible for the development and/or specification of new or enhanced systems and procedures to facilitate efficient financial management and to be the lead on new corporate initiatives/projects.
Compliance and Administration Manager
This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a long established, successful Financial Planning company.
The role itself offers variety and requires an acute attention to detail.
You will be required to:
- Keep up to date with FSA, ICO, HMRC, Treasury and regulations.
- Preparing and maintaining all compliance related documents, action plans and records
- Issuing instructions to staff and preparing KPIs for quarterly supervisory meetings
- Attending seminars and workshops and taking minutes at staff meetings
- Working closely with the directors on all aspects of the business and being the first point of contact for compliance related queries from all staff.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office and supporting the administration staff
- Designing systems and procedures
- Looking after the IT systems and liaise with the IT department
- First point of contact for recruitment needs, organising and overseeing the
induction, training processes for all staff and admin staff appraisals
- Oversee mail-shots and the issue of newsletters
- Oversee commission reconciliation and the production of monthly and annual
business figures for the directors and advisers.
We are looking for someone with considerable experience in these areas ideally within an IFA office, with financial services qualifications. Although office based there will be an element of travel between Hampshire and West Country offices.
£40,000 per annum + excellent benefits.
There are so many aspects to being a great boss and they are not all to do with fullfilling quotas and making money – far from it. A remarkable boss is a motivator, someone who is respected as opposed to feared by their employees. A great boss knows how to interact with their staff, to make them feel they are part of the same team; yet equally, knows when to step back and take control.
Inc.com have listed qualities that we at Engage Executive think are spot on.
In the article, Jeff Haden, outlines 5 all important aspects that make a remarkable boss.
Develop every employee
Deal with problems immediately
Rescue your worst employee
Serve others, not yourself
Always remember where you came from.
Read this article in full here
As a respected Executive Recruitment Partner, recruiting for senior level and executive positions around Dorset and Hants, we certainly understand and agree with Jeff’s article.